Five Ways to Save Money This Holiday Season
1. Shelf cook as many meals as possible. Use ingredients in your pantry and freezer to make family favorites or new dishes.
2. Plan and cook for the number of guests you will be having. Cooking extra food that doesn’t get eaten is throwing money down the drain.
3. Buy on sale and store brand (generic). If you plan ahead of time, you can catch sales for the items you need. Most times, it’s the same food from the same packing facility with the store brand label.
4. Be mindful of serving sizes. Putting too much on the plates will require more food to feed the same amount of people.
5. Don’t go shopping hungry. Your hunger will cause you to put extra items in your cart because it looks good to you.